With so many things that can happen to your files you must start backups if you care anything at all about your pictures, financial data, videos and all of the other documents on your hard drive that are irreplaceable.
- Hard drives fail from defects and old age (it’s not a matter of if but when)
- Computers and external hard drives are dropped or knocked over
- Viruses and other malware corrupt files
- Laptops, external hard drives and desktop computers are stolen and lost
- Fires and other disasters cause loss of data
- Files and whole folders are accidentally deleted
There are many backup options available to consumers today. You can purchase software to backup your computer to an external hard drive, but hard drives fill up, software stops working and needs constant attention and what do you do if the backup drive fails or is destroyed or stolen? The only viable option for most people is to automatically backup files to the internet so your data is out of reach of calamity and thieves.
The fastest and least expensive reliable backup service by far is BackBlaze. They were just tested to be anywhere from 2.5 to 12.5 times faster than the competitors that were tested. They have home, small business and even enterprise plans. They are rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau, so you know you are dealing with a reputable company.